Thursday 21 November 2013

Collages | New York & Urban Decay



I created these Michelle Caplan inspired collages for my AS coursework and exam. The top image was created for my exam based on New York and contrasts. The images I used were scanned maps of New York along with other little sketches and textures, and simply set them to soft light or overlay. 

The bottom image was created for my coursework based on Urban Decay where I photographed empty streets and signs to represent 'Silence in the City'. The original photo I took didn't have a lot of colour to it, so changing it to black and white made it very neutral and more effective. For the collage, I used a variety of textures including handwriting, handwritten letters, paper textures and other patterns. I really like the tones, colours and textures that this image created overall and it's very aesthetically pleasing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment